A number of common issues with GDPR aspects continue to engage minds –
- Mergers and acquisitions involving businesses with a European presence: GDPR can influence due diligence work – as well the price;
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations;
- Immigration services;
- Legal professional privilege, which differs in extent and application from attorney-client privilege and work product doctrine;
- Subject Access Requests being used as a tool to obtain pre-action discovery in employment and partnership claims;
- Client requirements for diversity data and diverse representation.
The ICO issued updated guidance on exemptions, including legal professional privilege, in September 2018.‹ Back to Publications