Steering a way through the myriad of rules relating to entitlement to practise and the form in which it is done is part of our regular workload. Typical questions we advise on include –
- Can we run a separate business without SRA regulation?
- Do we need SRA authorisation for our overseas office?
- I am a Registered European Lawyer (REL) and want to become a solicitor, but I’m not sure I meet the criteria as I have not been continuously registered for three years as an REL even though I have worked here on and off for longer.
- How do we transfer clients to another firm when we close down?
- I work in-house – can I provide advice to the company’s customers?
- I work in a law firm but I don’t advise clients – do I need a practising certificate?
- Should we set up a trust corporation?
- Can we transfer to the Bar Standards Board/Council for Licensed Conveyancers?
- How do we qualify in Ireland to get round Brexit?
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Data Protection & Privacy
- GDPR for US law firms
- Legal advice: GC, MLRO, COLP/COFA
- Practising Requirements
- Professional Conduct and Ethics
- Professional Indemnity Law
- Professional Regulation
- Services for Surveyors, Estate Agents and Property Professionals
- Support for risk and compliance teams
- Services for accountants and tax advisers
- Risk Management/Loss Prevention
- Our People
For specialist legal advice on Practising Requirements please contact Frank.
0345 330 6791