We advise law firms on how to comply with the regulations which govern them, including:
- Compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011. The partners are the authors of the Compliance Calendar Toolkit for Law Firms.
- Gap analysis (showing where the gaps are in your compliance currently) including file audit, and the materials you need to fill those gaps (e.g. office manual).
- the SRA Handbook and other statutory requirements for law firms, ABSs and in-house legal teams, including Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery & Corruption, and Data Protection & Privacy.
- SRA Accounts Rules issues.
- Client engagement issues, including terms of business and limitation of liability.
- Costs and funding issues.
Referral arrangements and buying-in work, compliance with the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 (LASPO) and commissions.
- Compliance with rules on referral arrangements and buying-in work, and commissions.
- Obligations on COLPs and COFA, see further Legal advice: GC, MLRO, COLP/COFA.
- Practice Requirements including Legal Services Act 2007 structuring and compliance, ABSs and the requirements for international practices and in-house legal teams.
- Professional Conduct issues, including Disciplinary Proceedings and RSA’s.
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Data Protection & Privacy
- GDPR for US law firms
- Legal advice: GC, MLRO, COLP/COFA
- Practising Requirements
- Professional Conduct and Ethics
- Professional Indemnity Law
- Professional Regulation
- Services for Surveyors, Estate Agents and Property Professionals
- Support for risk and compliance teams
- Services for accountants and tax advisers
- Risk Management/Loss Prevention
- Our People
For specialist legal advice on Professional Regulation please contact Francis.
0345 330 6791